May 22, 2010

California Girls

May 2010 I can't believe I forgot to add my California trip to the blog. 
We had planned a birthday/graduation girls trip with Aubree before I found out I was pregnant.  We were spending some time with my cousin Chris who lives in Hollywood and then going to Disneyland for a few days.  My Great Aunt Carolyn was planning to come from Seattle and meet us there as well. 
Josh has turned into this insanely overprotective type who feels like I shouldn't be doing much of anything.  Work and then take a lot of naps at home to rest up from work until the baby comes (his exact words.)  This for anyone who knows me sounds ridiculous.  I get bored and I lose my mind.  Then he told me we should be saving up.  This sounded much more logical.  Then I got to thinking.  A four day quick trip won't cost anymore than he's spent snowboarding without me.  So that was the end of that.  I booked a plane ticket to fly out a few days later and catch the end of the week and a half trip.  Josh was not happy about me taking "his baby" on rides.  I was instructed not to ride anything I shouldn't.  This wouldn't have been a rule I broke had he not included Peter Pan and Dumbo in the list..... How these rides could harm a developping baby is beyond me, but he is still upset I went on them.
So after a not so happy Josh dropped me off at the airport Sunday morning, reminding me again of his list of rides not to dare go on, I was off.  The greatest thing happened, on my way out of the Long Beach airport the TSA lady asked how far along I was and told me how cute my baby bump was!  Up until now I just felt like I looked like I hadn't done an abdominal exercise in my life.  Chris picked me up and brought us to the Farmer's Market where we met up with his good friend Frank.  Chris has a lot of friends I've met through the years and Frank is one of my favorites.  He and Chris act like brothers, Frank being the older brother, no offense Chris. I bought the cutest little soft leather shoes and Uncle Chris bought her a cute little rocker tee and nightgown.  I will of course be posting lots of pics as we dress her in all her outfits.  We had breakfast which started me on a maple syrup craving from then on, I find myself really wanting waffles or pancakes.
Chris brought us around LA being our tour guide.  Aunt Carolyn had only been to LA one time before to see a relative so Chris acted as tour guide and showed us where all the celebs lived, where this was filmed, etc and had been the last few days before I got there.  We went to Zuma beach in Malibu.  Later that night my mom and I went back to Chris' to hang out and stayed up til after 3am talking.  Chris' night doorman can testify this happened again the next few days.  This has happened when Chris has stayed with Josh and I too.  Josh eventually will politely excuse himself and let us stay up til four without him. 
We went to Disneyland the next day.  This was Aunt Carolyn's first time at Disneyland.  We had a lot of fun.  We went to the Blue Bayou where Aubree and I should have shared one Monte Cristo.  I thought I was really hungry.  I snuck a cup of coffee.  I ended up telling Josh about it.  He has vetoed any coffee consumption at our house until after the baby is born.  It's like his fish thing, it doesn't matter what our doctor or the baby books say, he says none.
Aunt Carolyn got her first earhat and didn't want to go on any rides I couldn't go on after they brought her on Indiana Jones so that made it easy enough for me not to be tempted.  We had a lot of fun.  A few days later and it was time to go home.  We drove to Las Vegas and stayed in a really nice room at the Aria that Aunt Carolyn had comped.  Aubree is too young to gamble and I am not a big Vegas fan so we hung out in the room and went to bed and let Mom and Aunt Carolyn try their luck in the casino.  No winners this trip though.  We dropped Aunt Carolyn off at the airport in Vegas and stopped in St George to see Josh's grandparents on the way home.  Josh's grandparents have never met any of my family and my mom was dying to meet them after hearing all the wonderful things about them. 
We got home and Josh was very annoyed to hear I went on Dumbo, Peter Pan, and the Teacups.  He still complains about it from time to time hoping someone will agree with him that this was not a good move on my part.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment